The Senior Accounting, Revenue Recognition is responsible for applying revenue recognition principles through the performance of revenue accounting, while also charged with gaining efficiencies and work product improvements that address financial risk and support business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies, enforces and executes the Company’s revenue recognition policy as it relates to the performance of revenue accounting.
- Work closely with business unit partners, revenue recognition leads and external auditors on accounting matters relating to revenue accounting
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary
- Assist the Sr. Director, Corporate Accounting and Senior Accounting Manager with the assessment of technical accounting matters through the preparation of white papers
- Develop and implement accounting policies and processes into the Company’s operations
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient & accurate recording and proper classification of revenue.
- Participate in the month- and quarter- end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department including prepare journals entries and maintain account reconciliations
- consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies to ensure close timelines are met.
- Establish controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with company policy and GAAP.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires the evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with more senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other colleagues with limited supervision.
To apply for this job email your details to Mat@CallTSG.com