The Senior Manager, Accounting leads a team of accounting professionals. The individual will be responsible general and technical accounting for a variety of areas including, but not limited to: clinical trials, employee stock option plan, debt, equity, revenue and other areas of technical accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on responsibility for day-to-day accounting operations and supervision of staff positions (including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and month-end closing including general ledger reconciliations)
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, journal entries, and other documents to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Responsible for consolidation of global subsidiary and related intercompany transactions
- Review payroll processing (semi-monthly) and W-2 reporting requirements
- Research areas of complex accounting and compliance matters
- Assist the Sr. Director, Corporate Accounting with the assessment of technical accounting matters through the preparation of white papers
- Coordinate work relating to external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records and implementation of agreed-upon recommendations resulting from the audit findings
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to team members / supporting employees. Provides guidance and support to team members/employees. Occasionally interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning the functional area. Requires the ability to effectively influence others and manage sensitive situations.
- Directly manages the coordination of the activities within a function/department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted/outsourced employees or matrixed reports and not have any direct reports within the organization. People management responsibilities may include performance reviews and compensation decisions.
- Responsible for compliance with quality system procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Consistently promote collaboration, positivity, accountability, and resourcefulness.
- Must demonstrate mutual respect, ongoing communication and a positive outlook with both internal team members and customers.
To apply for this job email your details to Mat@CallTSG.com