POSITION PURPOSE: ASSIST AND PROVIDE SUPPORT IN THE TAX FUNCTION, INCLUDING TO WORK RELATING TO THE TAX PROVISION, TAX COMPLIANCE, AND TAX AUDITS.
Assist and provide support as follows:
1. Tax Provision: Manage the quarterly and annual process from beginning to end, including but not limited to correspondence with external auditors and internally (e.g. corporate controller, internal auditor). Prepare the tax footnotes and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) language.
2. Tax Compliance:
• Manage the preparation & review of the US, State and International income tax returns, including tracking depreciation schedules and managing work with external tax return preparer.
• Manage the tax process for the International entities with external third-party providers, including correspondence and review of work.
• Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, local and international income tax returns and other business related filings.
3. Tax Controversy: Manage tax audits in various jurisdictions as they arise.
4. Tax Budgeting/Forecasting: Manage process and calculations budgeting/forecasting calculations used for management decisions.
5. Tax Research/Consulting: (e.g. expansions, acquisitions, dispositions, R&D projects, accounting method changes, other special projects)
6. Process Improvement: Continuously identify ways to improve processes and automate them when possible, including collaboration with other departments to implement and achieve the improvements.
7. Manage: If applicable, manage, mentor and train tax senior and staff.
8. Other: Other tax projects/tasks as they arise.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• BS in Accounting; CPA license
• Mix of public accounting and private industry experience in a corporate tax environment: 5-10 yrs of experience
• Experience with OneSource Tax provisions
• Great work ethic and desire to learn
• Experience preparing/reviewing Federal and State income tax returns
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
• Great interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and under time constraints
• Flexibility to adjust to the demands of tax compliance season and/or other urgent project timelines
• Masters in Taxation
• Canadian Taxation and International Taxation
• Experience using Khalix and/or
JD Edwards software
• Project Management Skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org