Our client is a well established multi-national with in excess of $1.1B in revenues and over 20 manufacturing sites globally. We are currently conducting a search for a VP/Controller to report into the CFO.
As Vice President & Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of enterprise financial controls, compliance and reporting; providing guidance and coordinating the annual preparation and consolidation of financial statements and regulatory filings, and will oversee shared services and transactional accounting functions.
The function is responsible for global accounting and reporting and closely involved in preparing materials and reports for Board and executive management. Reporting directly to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer
*. Major Accountability:
• Maintains, develops and monitors global accounting policies and their compliance and application across the enterprise
• Monitors and improves all aspects of internal controls, policies and procedures; coordinates external auditor relationship
• Responsible for global accounting and SEC filings including 8-K’s, 10-K’s, 10-Q’s, S-3’s, other certifications
• Leads the Finance Transformation effort building centralized accounting processes, streamlining ERP infrastructure
• Directs subordinate managers/directors, as required, heavily influences IT strategy via role on IT Steering Committee Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Oversees the company’s external reporting function, filing SEC and other regulatory requirements, such as 10Qs and 10Ks. Coordinates the company’s Disclosure Committee, ensuring quality drafting and review of SEC reports.
• Prepares monthly/quarterly financial reports and helps support analysis to executive management and Board; presents Board’s AC meeting to discuss accounting and related matters, reviews results and financial statements of operating subsidiaries.
• Manages external audit engagements globally and provides ownership and focal point for external auditors; reviews external audit relationship and manages overall audit expense.
• Establishes, maintains global policies/procedures for finance and accounting; implements accounting guidance and standards across the enterprise; determines accounting treatment and financial implications of complex and unusual transactions.
• Maintains up-to-date global business and IT accounting controls ensuring controls consistent with requirements of SOX 404; manages global SOX Steering committee insuring control deficiencies and risks are implemented.
• Supports FP&A teams with timely and accurate results and drivers
• Is currently driving the Finance Transformation program, utilizing PMO structure, 3rd party consultants, and IT resources to re-engineer and centralize transactional processes, ensure ERP rationalization, and the build-out of central services infrastructure.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 15 years of experience required.
• MBA Preferred
• Experience in Technical accounting, SOX controls, auditing, financial transactional processes, SEC reporting
• Experience in Manufacturing accounting and control dynamics (cost and inventory accounting, transfer pricing); ERP structuring and process design.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org