Website Kunin Associaetes
Private Equity Fund Accountant
A leading global investment firm with over $15 Billion of equity capital under management.
We are currently recruiting for a Private Equity Fund Accountant who will be based in our Miami, FL headquarters. This position reports to the firm’s Controller of Private Equity Accounting.
As a critical member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for the financial matters related to private equity funds.
- Responsible for the accounting and quarterly financial reporting to investors.
- Prepare year-end audited financial statements and working papers.
- Participate in monitoring all investments and analyze the related performance.
- Coordinate tax information for the preparation of income tax returns.
- Oversee fund cash flow requirements, including coordination of capital calls and investor payments.
- Facilitate the investment funding process and the related borrowings by coordinating with investment and treasury professionals and outside investment financiers.
- Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the Fund’s Partnership Agreement.
- Assist the CFO, Controllers and other team members with special projects and presentations, as required.
- Strong accounting.
- Ability to interpret and apply analysis to complex legal documents and financial transactions.
- Professional individual with solid written and oral communication skills and an energetic attitude.
- Ability to prioritize several tasks at one time and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact directly with Senior Management of the Firm.
- Strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
EDUCATION and/or RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience in a large national or global firm and/or private equity firm.
- Strong financial reporting experience.
- Bachelors in Accounting. CPA strongly preferred. MBA/MS in Finance, a plus.
- Relevant audit or actual work experience in the private equity/partnership accounting and financial reporting areas would be helpful.
- Familiarity with Investran is preferred but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to JFarrick@KuninAssociates.com