Website Kingston Dwight Associates
The Assistant Controller will assist the Corporate Controller in coordinating activities within the corporate finance group and the worldwide accounting teams. Our client is global publicly held company has over thousands of individuals worldwide and aspirations to be a billion dollar company.
- Manage the corporate finance group and develop the team;
- Maintain a well-controlled SOX environment in the corporate finance group and partner with Internal Audit in the execution of the worldwide SOX compliance program;
- Coordinate quarter- and year-end close with subsidiaries, internal departments, and external auditors;
- Manage the quarterly closing and complex consolidation process with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Assist with press releases, investor call presentations, and SEC filings;
- Oversee the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts;
- Assist with modifications to the finance department consolidation software – prior experience with Oracle’s HFM a plus.
- Assist with accounting for corporate transactions and strategic initiatives, including acquisition integration.
- Prepare executive level presentations and analysis.
- Write and/or review draft technical memorandum to present a strategy on proposed transactions or on new accounting pronouncements that may impact the company.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures, and SOX processes.
- Provide technical accounting advice to worldwide finance personnel.
- 10 plus years’ experience in corporate and/or general accounting, including international reporting experience and recent public company experience is required;
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance; currently licensed certified public accountant (CPA) is necessary;
- Big 4 or top tier national public accounting experience strongly preferred;
- Advanced understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to apply GAAP to new and existing transactions.
- Experience with complex consolidations, involving multiple sub-consolidations.
- Comprehensive understanding of foreign currency translation and transactions.
- Proven success working well under pressure and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated consistency, flexibility, and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org