Website High Country Search Group
This position requires someone with strong real estate and partnership experience. Experience with oil & gas and alternative investment taxation will also be important. You will perform tax services for private equity firms, partnerships, and/or LLCs that invest in various types of entities.
- Understanding clients’ short and long-range business and professional goals and objectives
- Assist in structuring business investments, charitable planning, and private foundations
- Help clients to understand their tax liabilities and risks
- Address complex relationships among private business enterprise, its owners, family offices, and employees
- Help private companies and their owners evaluate the potential tax consequences of various business and personal wealth decisions, keeping tax, business, and personal objectives in mind
- Advise on changes in the tax and economic climate, and help resolve disputes with tax authorities.
- Responsible for reviewing work prepared by client personnel
- Preparing and or reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for high net worth individuals, gift, S corporations, partnerships, trusts, and foundations
- Preparing and reviewing income tax projections to determine quarterly tax payments and to address certain life events (e.g., selling a business, divorce, etc.).
- Closely monitoring recent tax legislation and how the law affects each client
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred in accounting, taxation, or related field
- 6 to 20 years of technical tax experience in public accounting or related field
- CPA is required
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in a broad range of tax matters in various industries, including partnerships accounting, brokerage accounts, and alternative investments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational, and project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is needed to meet client deadlines and expectations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org