Website Career Foundations
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING – M&A
We are looking for a dynamic professional looking to join an exceptional organization experiencing rapid growth. This role is a high impact and high visibility role. The Technical Accounting Director will lead M&A deals, provide guidance for USGAAP related matters and questions, as well as plan, prepare and implement accounting standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounting lead on M&A deals including working with outside consultants on DD (as required), valuation with the help of outside consultants (as required), Purchase Price Accounting, and ensure integration of accounting policies
- Provide accounting implications/guidance to transaction /M&A / Business Development teams on various ad-hoc investment or other transactions
- Prepare ASC 840 memos for each M&A transaction documenting key assumptions and accounting conclusions and own the preparation of the purchase price allocation analysis.
- Along with the Policies/Controls prime, provide support to the worldwide team on technical USGAAP accounting matters/questions, as required.
- Provide technical guidance and support, work with internal team and external consultants to implement ASC842, the new Leasing Standard
- Plan, prepare, and implement all new / upcoming accounting standards (e.g CECL)
- Work with the revenue team on any revenue recognition related matters, on an as needed basis.
- Partner with International Team and External Consultants on IFRS related matters, as and when required.
- Provide monthly / quarterly summaries of accounting developments to Senior Management.
- Supervise 1 staff and manage their training and development
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting.
- Master’s degree a plus
- 10 years+ of combined Public and Private Industry accounting experience
- SOX experience (desirable)
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and experience of working in ERP systems
Disclosure: These responsibilities are in no way meant to be conclusive. May be asked to perform other necessary and related responsibilities accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org