Website Career Foundations
Director SEC & Technical Accounting
Reporting to Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of SEC Reporting is a critical and highly visible role within the finance organization and more broadly the Company. This role will lead all corporate accounting and reporting activities relating to SEC Reporting, SOX Compliance, US GAAP and the company’s accounting policies, as well as the review and adoption of new accounting pronouncements. This role will also interface with the Investor Relations team and will take lead on project management relating to certain initiatives and high value finance and accounting projects.
The Director of SEC Reporting will need to be an energetic and articulate individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role is a critical liaison between the Corporate accounting team and the operating companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, and other external reports and occasional SEC reviews and ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC regulations, and XBRL.
- Coordinate with the investor relations function to maintain consistency of financial information provided to external stakeholders with financial information included in required regulatory filings.
- Partner with the Company’s operating company finance and accounting teams to identify, research, resolve, and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions.
- Serve as expert on US GAAP technical accounting matters.
- Undertake special projects to support Corporate initiatives as needed, including acquisition and treasury-related transaction accounting, and assist in the preparation of ad-hoc requests for analyses and information.
- Understand and evaluate new accounting pronouncements and their impact, successfully implement any necessary process changes, enhancements, or IT solutions, and draft any related disclosures.
- Maintain and enhance the Company’s accounting policies and procedures manual.
- Complete annual technical accounting processes, including goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing and segment analyses.
- Work closely with the external auditors to resolve complex accounting issues.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Years and Type of Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance and CPA required
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Experience in SEC reporting for a public company, managerial experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm and/or operational controllership experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with the financial aspects of revenue recognition, impairment, M&A, due diligence and post-merger integration, reserves, and tax accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of Workiva and XBRL is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented nature and strives to consistently deliver high quality work, while being able to step back and see the big picture
- Dependable with a “do what it takes” personality to get the job done
- Process-oriented possessing the ability to communicate goals, accomplishments, risks and next steps at all stages of a project
- Solid technical background in SEC reporting for large public companies, US GAAP, and ability to research, understand and communicate technical issues in an effective and operational manner
- Able to identify potential internal control matters and suggest solutions to improve system and financial integrity across multiple business units/countries
Disclosure: These responsibilities are in no way meant to be conclusive. May be asked to perform other necessary and related responsibilities accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org