Website Career Foundations
CONTROLLER – AMERICAS
The Americas Controller is responsible for the overall accounting and compliance activities for more all reporting entities in the management structure. Importantly, He or She will help establish and drive the future vision for organizing the accounting function for these businesses to be more centralized, leveraging the latest IT solutions, to improve compliance, controllership and efficiency. This leader is responsible for leading and further developing the Accounting, Consolidation/Reporting & Compliance teams for these businesses, driving process efficiency through continuous improvement, and ensuring the business maximizes shareholder value.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the businesses to optimize business structuring of financial activities (e.g. complex contract reviews, helping design new business models, capturing data to be of maximum use in informing business decisions).
- Assist in the design of the future state global controller organization; understand existing talent pools and upgrade talent, processes and tools to better serve the business where applicable. Identify synergies across organizations to create a more efficient and effective accounting and compliance team.
- Responsible for research and ensuring proper adoption/application of technical accounting pronouncements, including continued proper application of ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition) and ASC 842 (Leases).
- Prepare Accounting Issue Papers to document the impact of new pronouncements and/or issues identified. Work with HQ to properly train teams.
- Oversee the integration of newly acquired businesses, including the preparation of the opening balance sheet and adoption of policies and procedures (i.e. purchase accounting).
- Provide leadership and oversight of all month-end closing and reporting activities. Coordinate with FP&A and Operations teams where analysis is required to prepare journal entries or to review entities before certifying. Ensure accruals posted for all unprocessed activity as needed. Ensure closing is completed per Corporate due dates and with the highest level of quality. Responsible for loading, validating and certifying entities.
- Responsible for compliance with internal control policies and procedures, including ownership of successful completion of internal/external audits of Sarbane’s Oxley requirements. This includes owning and maintaining the monitoring and controls framework, ensuring roll-out to all entities as designed.
- Coordinate completion of Quarterly Rep Letter, Disclosure & Controls Survey, Quarterly impairment testing, Goodwill Impairment testing and other corporate compliance activities.
- Responsible for any additional country specific accounting and reporting requirements for businesses outside of the United States (i.e. Canada and Latin American countries)
Work with FP&A to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts.
- Support FP&A with details of transactions or account movements when requested.
- Support internal audit program by having team members participate in balance sheet and SOX audits.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and extended team. Assess and provide feedback to fully develop high-performing accounting team.
- Identify opportunities for improved productivity and efficiency and reduced cost of accounting operations.
- Close coordination with Global Business Services (GBS), including active participation in identifying improvement opportunities and rolling out new future state design.
- Ensure timely processing of AP, T&E, Fixed Asset, Treasury, and other accounting activities in partnership with GBS.
- Responsible for submission of tax packages for actuals, forecast and budget and coordination with tax team on compliance efforts and legal entity simplification.
- Ensure effective Accounting & Compliance team succession plans.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Years and Type of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 10+ years of relevant work, including experience with Big 4 accounting firm
- Business partnering / M&A experience
- Change management experience
- Significant Experience in US GAAP
- Experience in a shared service/ COE environment
- LEAN/ GB experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Finance project management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and OneStream skills
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Intelligent risk management
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Fluent in English
Disclosure: These responsibilities are in no way meant to be conclusive. May be asked to perform other necessary and related responsibilities accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com