Website Career Foundations
MANAGER, ACCOUNTING POLICIES & CONTROLS
We are looking for a dynamic professional looking to join an exceptional organization experiencing rapid growth. This role will be responsible for updating and maintaining a Global Accounting Policy Manual, identifying key processes and controls, ensuring compliance with USGAAP, and providing support with special projects. The ideal person for this position will possess excellent analytical and technical skills, be willing to “role up their sleeves” to get the job done, as well as have exceptional communication and soft skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Technical Accounting Lead on updating and maintaining a Global Accounting Policy Manual.
- In addition to policy, work on identifying key processes and controls for the global accounting organization and documenting them accordingly.
- Once policies and processes are documented, develop plans to test adequacy of controls, and appropriately train and support the accounting team.
- Ensure compliance with Accounting Policies and support worldwide team on all technical USGAAP accounting matters/questions.
- Support other projects / initiatives, as appropriate.
- Supervise staff and manage their training and development.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting.
- Master’s degree a plus
- 10 years+ of combined Public and Private Industry accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP & COSO Framework
- SOX experience (desirable)
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and experience of working in ERP systems
Disclosure: These responsibilities are in no way meant to be conclusive. May be asked to perform other necessary and related responsibilities accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org