Website Career Foundations
Our client is seeking a skilled, dynamic, and experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. This role will be responsible for providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, and for preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems, procedures and reports; investigates processes for efficiencies; creates new system reports and support schedules as needed.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, statement of cash flows and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions; assists with review of items prepared by accounting clerical staff.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares ad hoc/special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends for both Finance and Operations.
- Prepares continuance notices, addback schedules, debt covenant calculations; reviews credit agreements.
- Maintains deferred rent and debt schedules.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Effectively communicates with Accounts Payable, Payroll and other departments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes goals by performing the daily tasks assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Interfaces with external auditors to provide supporting documentation as needed during annual audits.
- Responds to inquiries from regulatory agencies regarding taxes.
- Works with operations to ensure timely collection of Tenant Improvement Allowance reimbursements.
- Experience in Accounting, Corporate Finance, and reporting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, should be deadline oriented
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- 2-5 years experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred), or 4-6 years experience in corporate accounting or combination of both
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org