Website Burchard & Associates, Inc
VP Accounting Corp Controller & Treasury
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the VP Accounting, Corporate Controller & Treasury will lead the Company’s financial reporting and analytics processes. This finance business unit employs 30 FTE’s and is reorganizing and realigning roles and positions to accommodate the company’s meteoric growth. The company has approximately 2,500+ employees.
The finance team is primarily centralized in St. Louis, but outsources certain functions to offshore vendors (revenue cycle). This position requires exceptional leadership skills and technical knowledge, as well as the ability to collaborate with operations company-wide to enhance quality, customer service and financial performance.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE ROLE:
- Responsible for overseeing consolidated monthly, quarterly and year-end close process. Provide oversight, review and leadership to improve financial reporting accuracy and speed. Run annual external audit
- Develop comprehensive procedures to ensuring timely and accurate month end close process and review of key financial accounts and balances to ensure accuracy of balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Create and oversee comprehensive variance analysis both at a consolidated level and group practice level
- Provide vision and develop leadership within accounting staff
- Lead effort to develop efficient and effective interfaces between claims management systems and the data required from them for GAAP purposes
- Refine and/or develop reliable internal controls (checks and balances) to ensure accuracy of monthly reporting
- Improve internal reporting to yield practice level YOY and budget to actual analysis
- Oversee and lead department personnel and department structure
- Responsible for cash forecasting, treasury and tax matter oversight
- Engage in continuous improvement of internal processes to drive efficiency and responsiveness of the Accounting Team
- Drive a field-centered approach, providing excellent partnership to the field and corporate leadership
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES OR SKILLS:
- Strategic Vision – ability to create a vision of the Accounting and Treasury group and how the team functions in relationship to the overall business.
- Leadership – ability to guide a team in day-to-day and long-term related activities. Has command of his/her subject matter, the numbers, and can speak confidently and take ownership of the outputs and the function.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for internal and external groups. Ability to communicate effectively with the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Ability to “push back” in a respectful manner and to present “unpopular” ideas and messages when necessary.
- Analytical – ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Management – ability to set priorities for a team and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment. Ability to be flexible, accommodating, and deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation – ability to gain trust of executives and field leaders – ensuring a thoughtful approach that contributes to the success of the business.
- Teamwork – ability to foster good working relationships among team members, and work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial – ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent “out of the box” thinking.
- Ability to attract best in class Finance/Accounting resources for the company
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting; and a minimum of seven years as a group level Controller or Company Controller preferably in the Healthcare industry. Experience working in multi-site, multi-state, and rapid M&A environment. Experience navigating through complexities associated with estimating Net Revenue in a medical reimbursement industry.
- Private Equity owned experience a must.
- Exceptionally strong accounting background with emphasis on quality control processes and oversight of financial results.
- Take charge professional with a bias for action. Ability to delegate, but own the financials of the organization.
- Professional with short runway to the role of CFO.
- Experience in cultivating/developing a high-performing team whether through mentorship of existing staff and selecting external talent.
- Ability to work with IT teams to refine GAAP type reporting from EHR systems.
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, decision making, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Team player who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast growing company, good time management skills, and a willingness to exert extra effort as required
- Change management skills and ability to take varying approaches with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proven track record of success and career progression
- Highly motivated and performance-driven
- Collaborative and proactive; consummate team player able to work effectively up, down and across the organization, especially in relating to the operating units
Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com